We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
1 pint vanilla ice cream or gelato (for larger portions, go with more ice cream)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup rum
1. Split the bananas lengthwise with the peels on.
2. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
3. Grill on direct heat until char marks form on both sides.
4. While grilling the bananas, put the butter, remaining brown sugar and rum in a grill-friendly pot or small aluminum pan. Put the pot on indirect heat (not above the coals) and let the butter, rum and sugar mixture come to a slow boil and begin to caramelize (this will only take a few minutes). You can also make the rum mixture on the stove.
5. Remove the bananas and rum sauce from the grill. Remove the bananas from their peel and slice.
6. In a wine or martini glass, layer ice cream, vanilla wafers, banana, and strawberries until filled to a little under the top of the glass. Pour rum sauce over top. The bananas combined with the vanilla wafers, strawberries and rum sauce make the perfect, crunchy bite. And who doesn’t love a little rum with their dessert?