1/3 cup natural peanut butter
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey
2 1/2 cups quick cooking gluten-free oatmeal (Bob's Red Mill makes it)
1/4 cup gluten free flour*
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xantham gum
1/4 to 1/2 cup dried cherries or other dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Combine oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, salt and xantham gum. Set aside.
4. With a wooden spoon, mix the mashed banana, vanilla, soy milk and maple syrup. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined. Mix in the cherries.
5. Using two spoons or a small ice cream scoop, drop cookies onto a cookie sheet. Avoid using hands because the mix will be very sticky.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
*Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
6 cups brown rice flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca flour
Store leftover flour in an airtight container.
From Yvonne Condes
Lemon Blueberry Muffins