1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour mix*
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons xantham gum
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cocoa, xantham gum, baking soda and salt until the flour is smooth (the garbanzo flour can clump together).
4. Add water, canola oil, vanilla and white vinegar. Mix well.
5. Pour evenly into cake pans. Cook for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool for 15 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. The cake may be a little sticky on top, but it's still good.
*Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
6 cups white rice flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca flour
Store leftover flour in an airtight container.
From Yvonne Condes
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies