1 cup gluten-free flour plus 1 teaspoon*
1/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 teaspoon xantham gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick of butter, softened (or Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained or thawed frozen
1 teaspoon lime juice (or lemon juice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with canola oil spray.
3. Combine the flours, xantham gum, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, combine blueberries, 1 teaspoon gluten-free flour, and lime juice.
5. Beat butter in a mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until well blended. Add flour and mix until blended.
6. The batter will be a little thick, but don't worry. Spread it evenly in the pan. Pour blueberry mixture evenly over the batter.
7. Bake on the middle over rack for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*Basic Gluten-Free Flour Mix
6 cups white rice flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca flour
Store leftover flour in an airtight container.
From Yvonne Condes
Back to dessert recipes
Strawberry Cake With Oat Flour