1. Pencil Presents: Make and fill these pencils made from
cardboard tubes with school supplies. Give one to your student before the first
day of school. It's a great way to get him excited. Get the how-to at I Kat
Image via Mason Jar Pencil Holders
2. Mason Jar Pencil Holders: Paint Mason jars to look like a chalkboard, ruler and a
pencil. It's an adorable teachers gift or just a cool spot to hold your pencils
for homework. Get the how-to at Mason Jar Crafts Love.
3. Cork Message Boards: Help remind yourself of soccer practice and
big tests by posting them on DIY cork boards. Get the how-to at Curbly.
4. DIY Sharpie Tie Dye Bookmarks: Recycle an old plastic bottle by cutting a rectangle out of
it. Then draw designs using a Sharpie marker. Create the tie dye effect by
dropping rubbing alcohol on it. Get the how-to at Happy Hooligans.
Image via Madam Criativa
5. Monster Organization: Create mini monster pencil holders using old shampoo bottles
and stickers. They hang on the wall with double-sided tape or those nifty 3M
wall hangers. Get the how-to at Madam Criativa.
Image via Ink + Adventure
6. Washi Tape Notebooks: Add some personality and color to
your kid's notebook this school year using duct or washi tape. This will make
her head of the class. Get the how-to at Ink + Adventure.
Image via Color Me Meg
7. First Day of School Photo: The first day of school is a big deal.
Immortalize it with these adorable chalkboard printables. There is one for each
grade until 6th. By then they'd probably want you to stop doing this
anyway. Get the how-to at Color Me Meg.
Image via Brunch at Saks
8. Everyone Loves Glitter: Glitterize your good ol' #2's by using Mod
Podge and glitter, of course. In two simple steps, plus drying time it's done.
Get the how-to at Brunch at Saks.
Image via Lia Griffith
9. Lunch Love Notes: Make your child's lunch special by
adding free downloadable personalized stickers the baggies and juice boxes.
It's especially good when you're packing lunch and you realize all you have in
the pantry are Cheerios, crackers and a few nuts. Get the how-to at Lia
Image via Paisley Petal Events
10. Back to School Get-together: Round up the neighborhood kids before the
school year begins for a little shindig. Then surprise them with special pencil
gumball treats. Get the how-to at Snap Creativity.