We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
You want your new baby to have one of those dreamy baby
rooms but you don't want to take out a second mortgage for it. Good new is that you don't have to
purchase everything for your baby's nursery from those expensive baby stores. With proper planning and these tips,
you'll have the have the baby's "crib" together in no time.
Image via Rachel Ashwell/Shabby Chic
1. Find your inspiration room: Look online like sites like Pinterest for baby room
inspiration. You'll quickly
discover what you like and don't like.
2. Start early: Don't wait till the last 4 weeks of your pregnancy to start putting the
room together. You'll be so tired
that you'll pay anything just to get it done.
3. Make a shopping list: Keep track of all the items you need to purchase for your baby nursery.
Image viaLacquer & Linen
4. Ditch the changing table: Changing tables can be a complete waste of money for most
families. Opt to use a changing
pad on a dresser for diaper duty.
5. Go for the convertible: Believe it or not, your baby will grow quickly out of their crib. Buying a crib that will convert into
a toddler and then to a full-size bed is worth the investment.
Image via 100 Cake-let
6. You don't have to match: Buying the dresser that matches the crib can cost you double
or triple what a regular dresser would. Visit discount stores to find deals on dressers.
7. Search for coupons: Clean out a space in your wallet or phone to save coupons. Check your favorite stores websites for
weekly deals. Plan to shop for
those items that are on sale that week.
8. Don't just shop in the baby or kids section: Look for pillows, artwork and baskets
throughout the store. You may even
find some items on clearance.
Image via Rosa Beltran Design
9. Refurbish: Do
you have an old dresser? Grab some
sand paper, paint and new knobs and get to work.
10. Skip the glider: Gliders have come along way and so has the price. Think about buying a full-size
comfortable chair with an ottoman instead. You can use it in other rooms in your home in the future, versus the glider — which would more likely be used as a rocket ship in the