We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
For kids around the country, back-to-school time is officially here and it's everything. And unlike past generations, kids (and parents) have an insight into the hottest must-have trends beyond combing through dELiA*s catalogs: They have Pinterest. According to the mega social media site, there have been over 70 million back-to-school pins this past summer, an almost 300% increase in the normal school-related content. And through all of that data, Pinterest narrowed down the 10 most popular back-to-school trends for the 2015 school year.
Without further ado, here are the top back-to-school trends taking Pinterest boards and classrooms by storm:
4. Artsy Notebooks: Kids want everything (yes, even their notebooks) to make a statement — whether they're pinning boutique-style notebooks or opting for DIY ideas, this trend is here to stay…until they discover how cool Moleskins are at least.
5. Old School Backpacks Are Making A Comeback: If your middle schooler needs to be on-trend this year, here's a tip: Old-school or "heritage" backpacks are totally in. Look for a lightweight, durable canvas backpack with cool, old-school style.
6. Backpack Fresheners: I'm not sure when or why backpack fresheners became a "thing," but apparently kids' today want their backpacks to smell as fresh as possible. Or maybe it's the wishful thinking of Pinterest-happy moms of pubescent boys.
7. DIY Stickers: Stickers aren't exactly a new trend, but it's easier than ever for kids to customize and print their own at home. Whether it's to decorate notebooks or lockers, or to label elementary-school kids' supplies, DIY sticker makers are all the rage this year.
10. Creative Lunch Notes: A piece of notebook paper just doesn't cut it these days. Pinterest parents are taking lunchbox notes up a level with unique, creative lunch messages which is bananas, like, via bananas.