8 ounces organic cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple and carrots.
4. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth.
5. Spoon approximately 1/3 cup of the batter into each muffin liner. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on a rack before frosting.
6. While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting:
7. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth and whipped.
8. To frost your cupcakes, you can make them pretty by creating a make-shift pastry bag. Just snip the end of a plastic sandwich bag, put the frosting inside, and squeeze it out onto the cupcake. Easy!