This flavorful, healthy dip will keep guests coming back for more.
RECIPE: Roasted Butternut Squash Dip
Yields: 2 Cups
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbs. avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 cups, peeled and diced butternut squash (16 oz.)
- 1 tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- 1 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Dried cranberries and pepita seeds for garnish
- Sliced vegetables and apples for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss diced butternut squash with oil and lemon juice and arrange in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place cooled squash, Greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, mint, nutmeg and salt into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a chopping blade. Puree until smooth. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Place in a scooped out pumpkin and garnish with dried cranberries and pepitas. Serve with sliced vegetables and fruit.
Recipe by Skylar Thomson