We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
Fresh lime slices and maraschino cherries for garnish
1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved with some pits saved for the infusion
1 pint bottle brandy
1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1. For the cherry brandy, combine the pitted and halved cherries and the brandy in a container. Several recipes I read for making the cherry liqueur indicate adding some of the pits as well so I put in a couple tablespoons of the pits as well.
2. Cover and keep in a cool place for at least 5 days.
3. To make the cherry syrup, combine the cherries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Add the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the syrup through a strainer and remove the solids. Put into a container and store in the refrigerator.
5. For the cocktail, rub the rim of your glass with a lime slice and dip it into sugar. Put the glasses into the refrigerator or freezer to chill.
6. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and for each cocktail add 1 1/2 ounces of the cherry brandy, 1/2 ounce of the cherry syrup and 1/2 ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice.
7. Shake vigorously 10 to 15 times.
8. Fill the chilled glasses with ice and pour the cocktail into the glass.
9. Garnish with a lime slice and maraschino cherry.