We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
Oh that crazy Elf on the Shelf! When I first heard about him and saw all of the amazing photos on Pinterest I thought it would be so fun to have one at our house. Last December, Buddy the Elf on the Shelf joined our family and I quickly realized that I was not cut out for the elaborate elf shenanigans. In fact, I was lucky if I remembered to move him, let alone set up scenes.
The thing is, the holiday season is an already busy time and it is thoroughly magical for your children even if your Elf on the Shelf doesn't go zip lining through the living room. I think that the parents who go all out with their elves are awesome, but if you're a slacker like me, I've got you covered. I've come up with lots of super simple ideas and a handful of reasons the little guy didn't move at all.
Follow the morning routine. These ideas are easy and the kids think they are fun so it's a win-win. Plus, it can even help remind your kiddo to actually follow the morning routine without as much fuss.
1. Have him hang out with the toothbrush.
2. Stick him upside down in the cereal box.
3. Have him sit at your kid's spot at the breakfast table. (If you have more than one kiddo, he can make the rounds.)
Oops! In a perfect world we wouldn't need these ideas, but I can't tell you how many times I was all cozy in bed when I realized the Elf was still on the same shelf. Sometimes you can move him really quick in the morning, but if not, here are few great reasons he stayed put.
1. You got up too early. The Elf panics and goes back to the same spot when he doesn't have enough time in the morning to prepare.
2. He really loved this spot, it has a great view.
3. Remember when you got in trouble yesterday? He didn't want to report it to Santa.
4. He heard you talking when you were supposed to be sleeping/get out of bed and was afraid to move.
5. He was super tired and accidentally fell asleep waiting for his time to fly north.
Here's hoping you have a fun and easy Elf moving season.