We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
1 1/2 cups buttermilk; or, for a lighter scone, use half & half, milk or thinned plain yogurt
1/2 to 3/4 cup jam or preserves
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl or the bowl of a food processor, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Blend using a pastry cutter or fork, or pulse the food processor until the mixture is combined but there are still bits of butter no bigger than a pea.
3. If you’re using a food processor, dump the mixture out into a bowl. Add the buttermilk, cream or milk, and stir just until the dough comes together.
4. Divide it in half, and on a floured surface roll each piece into a 10-inch square.
5. Spread the jam in a strip down the middle third of the square, and fold each half over it, overlapping like a letter. If you like, brush the tops with a little extra milk and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden.
7. To serve, cut into thick slices, or triangle-shaped wedges by cutting at alternating angles.