We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
1 pound ground beef of choice (we used 85/15 leanness)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 to 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Form meat into 3 to 4 patties (we usually do 3 with 1 pound of meat—1/3 pound each). Mix the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together and sprinkle 1/6 of the mixture on the first side of each of the patties (1/8 if doing 4 burgers). Flip the patties over and repeat with second side.
3. Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Place one side down and close lid. Allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes (until there are nice grill marks on the one side). Gently flip patties with a spatula and turn the heat down to medium/medium-low (depending on how hot your grill gets).
4. Scoop a small heap of blue cheese crumbles on top of each patty (1 to 1 1/3 ounces). Close grill lid and allow to cook to desired doneness.
5. Take the burgers off the grill and allow to rest for just a couple of minutes. I like to prepare my bun while this is going on. Add lettuce, tomato, and onion (plus any other desired toppings) to the top half of the bun.
6. Place the burger on top of the bottom bun and drizzle a healthy amount of balsamic reduction on top (1 tablespoon or more). Top with bun.