RECIPE: Raspberry Mousse With Edible Bowl
Prep time: 30 minutes
For the mousse:
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ¼ cup whole
milk, Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp.
freshly grated orange zest
- 1 Tbs. agave
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in a large metal bowl and, using a hand mixer, beat until smooth.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the bowls:
- 12 oz. white
chocolate candy melts
- Four small 7-inch diameter balloons or water balloons
- Waxed paper
1. Melt the candy over a double boiler or in
15 second increments in a low-power microwave.
2. Inflate the balloons enough to fit only in the palm
of your hand. (Too much air will cause them to pop.)
3. Wait for candy melts to cool to room temperature. To form the bowl shape, dip the balloon into the mixture until about halfway up the most rounded
4. Transfer to waxed paper, and allow to set for
about 2 minutes.
5. Repeat the dipping process again. Before
placing the dipped balloon back on the waxed paper, decorate with sprinkles.
6. Refrigerate the bowls for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the candy melts have completely hardened.
7. Carefully pop the balloon with a sharp pin, and peel
it away from the hardened bowls.
8. Serve with raspberry mousse, a dollop of whipped
topping and extra raspberries.
Recipe by Skylar Thomson