We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
Cereal, pancakes, oatmeal and omelets ... breakfast can feel like one big "same old, same old" after a while. If you're sick of making your normal breakfast rotation, I bet your family feels the same way about eating it. Whenever I whip up these Bell Pepper Egg Flowers in the morning, to my kids it's as if I've bought a brand new car. It's such a welcome novelty that my little guys go nuts with excitement! They both adore bell peppers, and by adding a perfectly cooked egg and topping it with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, this breakfast treat is an easy way to get protein and even a bit of veggies into my family's bodies first thing in the morning.
1 large bell pepper
4 medium eggs
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese or any other cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Take 1 large bell pepper, slice into four 1/2″-thick rounds (or “flowers”), and remove the inner membranes (or white part).
2. Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the flowers for 2 minutes on one side.
3. Flip the flowers over, and crack an egg into the middle of each flower.
4. Cover skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes for runny eggs, or 5 minutes for firm eggs.
5. Sprinkle each flower with Parmesan a few seconds before you are ready to remove them from the pan.