We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
We all know how important our babies are to us—they're our world, after all. But I think sometimes we can take that to the extreme, completely losing ourselves in our role as the provider. And while that's all good and nice, we need to remember one simple truth: in order to take care of someone else, we need to also take care of ourselves. But here's another truth: ain't nobody got time for that.
Motherhood is a full-time job, and raising these little ones is a non-stop circus some days. That's why I've compiled a list of simple self-care tips that can all be done in five minutes or less. Because most days, that's all the time we have.
1. Minimal makeup. Swipe on some BB cream, mascara and lipstick. You'll be surprised at how much better you feel if you look just a little put together. You can conquer anything! Even a nap strike!
2. Shot of espresso. Quick, to the point and the closest thing to injecting the caffeine right into your veins.
3. Read a daily devotional. Taking time to meditate, however that looks for you, is good for the mind and the soul.
4. Quick shower. Like, really quick.
Blast some music and have a mini dance party!
5. Step outside. Getting some fresh air is key. Or even just taking a few moments (when you know your children are safe inside) to get away from the chaos and re-group. A few deep breaths pair nicely with this step as well.
6. Light a candle. You know, out of the baby's reach, of course. It'll bring instant calm. Or, at least, you can pretend that it does.
7. Watch a short mindless YouTube video. Something to perk you up. Cat videos are good at this. Bonus! The kids will like it too, and it may even divert a tantrum!
8. Dance it out. Blast some music and have a mini dance party! Endorphins will flow, you'll get a boost of engery and your kids will love it, guaranteed! Smiles, laughter and goofing around are always the best medicine.
9. Try a new outfit. Get out of those spit-up covered pajamas and pick out something fun to wear. You'll feel like a new woman!
10. When all else fails, do some retail therapy.Online shopping: quick, efficient and easy to do all from the comfort of your own home. If you're feeling extra stressed, there's nothing better than some new shoes to perk you right up. Just don't tell your husband.