Beets and goat cheese
make a wonderful pairing of sweet and tangy flavors. It is colorful and
challenging to the palate due to the slippery feel of the beets and the sticky
texture of the goat cheese. This recipe is for babies ages 12 to 18 months.
Healthy Ramen Noodles
Quick Soba Noodle Salad
Veggie Shepherd's Pie
4 tablespoons soft goat cheese
2 tablespoons pine nut purée
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash the beets, wrap them in foil, and roast
them in the oven for 60 minutes until they are soft when poked with a fork.
3. Remove the foil and peel off the skins. Cut the
beets into small, bite-size pieces and put onto a plate.
4. Spoon goat cheese over the beets. Drizzle on
pine nut purée.
5. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 2 to 4 servings as a side dish
From Smart Bites for Baby, by Mika Shino
Back to Smart Bites for Baby recipes
Smart Food for Smart Tots