These noodles are made
with soybean curd, which usually gives them more protein than rice noodles or
other kinds of noodles. The lemon zest and mint also give the noodles a fresh, light flavor. This recipe is for babies ages 12 to 18 months.
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Healthy Ramen Noodles
Quick Soba Noodle Salad
10 dry shiitake mushrooms
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 chicken thighs
16 ounces bean noodles
5 to 7 chives
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1. Soak the mushrooms in a bowl of warm water and
2. In a pan, heat the oil. Add the chicken thighs
and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes, flipping over so the thighs become golden brown on all sides.
3. Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and bring
to a boil. Add the bean noodles and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Drain the noodles and run under cold water for 1
minute, and set aside.
5. Chop up the chives.
6. Remove the mushrooms from the water (don’t
discard the water—it will be used in the sauce); cut them up and discard the
stems; chop them into small pieces.
7. Add the mushrooms to the chicken; add the soy
sauce, juice and zest of 1/2 lemon, and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the chicken from the sauce, and shred it
into small pieces; return it to the sauce.
9. Add the noodles and mix well.
the chives and chia seeds on top and serve.
From Smart Bites for Baby, by Mika Shino
Back to Smart Bites for Baby recipes
Roasted Beets With Goat Cheese