550 grams Spanish onion (1 quart)
275 grams carrot (1 pint)
275 grams celery (1 pint)
30 grams garlic (approximately 2 tablespoons)
150 grams extra virgin olive oil
250 grams white wine
8 grams thyme (approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons)
8 grams rosemary (approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons)
906 grams water (2 pounds)
1 can tomatoes
15 grams salt (3 teaspoons)
Grana Padano cheese
1. Sweat mire poix (onion, carrot, celery) vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and salt.
2. Add herbs in sachet.
3. When veggies are just tender, deglaze with white wine.
4. Add tomatoes and water.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Transfer to a non-reactive metal container and chill on ice.
7. Reheat with Pastaria alphabet pasta and cranberry beans (cooked separately).
8. Garnish with grated Grana Padano cheese and extra virgin olive oil
Recipe from Gerard Craft of Niche, Taste, Brasserie and Pastaria
Back to How Chefs Eat With Their Kids
Organic Fruit Tarts