1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup bread
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, finely grated (ideally on a Microplane)
1/3 cup fresh jersey cow ricotta
1/8 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1/8 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1/8 bunch chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon black
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 med onion, small
1 clove garlic, finely
grated (ideally on a Microplane)
1/2 pound ground natural raised pork
1/2 pound ground lamb
1/2 pound ground grass fed beef
Cooked shell pasta or gnocchi
1. Mix milk and bread crumbs.
2. Add Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, ricotta, oregano, basil, parsley, pepper, salt, Worcestershire Sauce and eggs.
3. Sauté onion and garlic
4. Combine first mixture with meat and sauteed onion and garlic, and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
5. Portion into little meatballs, place on a parchment lined sheet pan and roast in a preheated 450-degree oven for 10 minutes (just a little pink in the middle).
6. To assemble the final dish, sauté the meatballs in a little olive oil and lightly brown the outside in a hot sauté pan. Add English peas, pea tendrils and pasta. Serve.
From Chris and Shandi Kobayashi of Artisan
Back to How Chefs Eat With Their Kids