Here’s an easy, quick,
and delicious way to satisfy even the biggest brisket aficionado. The pressure
cooker does all the work and you enjoy all the benefits.
4 1/2 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and quartered
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 medium yellow onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1 12-ounce bottle lager beer
1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup light brown sugar
slider buns, for serving
your favorite coleslaw, for serving
1. Place the brisket in a large bowl, add the Worcestershire
sauce, paprika, mustard, chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and
toss. Let the brisket marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. When ready to cook, season the beef with the salt.
3. Set a 6-quart pressure cooker to the "browning"
program. When it is hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and brown
the beef in batches. As it is browned, transfer the beef to a baking sheet and
4. When all the brisket is browned, add the onion and garlic to
the pressure cooker and cook for 6 minutes, or until the onion is soft and
slightly translucent. Return the beef to the pressure cooker and add the beer,
barbecue sauce, and brown sugar. Close and lock the lid, and set to "high
pressure" for 1½ hours.
5. Open the pressure release valve, allow the steam to escape,
and carefully unlock and open the lid. Transfer the beef to a baking sheet, and
when it is cool enough to handle, thinly slice it across the grain.
6. Set the pressure cooker to the "simmer" program.
Return the beef and any accumulated juices to the cooker and cook for 15 to 20
7. Serve the brisket on slider buns, topped with the coleslaw.
8. The brisket can be stored in an airtight container in the
refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.