Family dinners are a time to catch up on the day and hear about school, work or what's on the schedule for tomorrow. For us, a nice family dinner should not include intense hallucinogenic drugs. Unfortunately, for one Tampa, Fla. family, that's exactly what their dinner was laced with last week, according to FoxNewsLatino.com.
The family, including two small children and a pregnant woman, were hospitalized last week after they ate bottom round steak that had LSD (commonly known as the drug "acid") in it. They bought the steak at a nearby Walmart. Shortly after eating dinner, the family members began feeling sick. The mother had to be induced early and two of the children, 6 and 7 years old, experienced hallucinations.
Luckily, the entire family was released from the hospital, and mom delivered a healthy baby boy. The Walmart store where the family purchased the meat is cooperating with the investigation and has pulled all the beef from its shelves. So far, there have been no other reports or problems.
A spokesperson for the company said, "We have been in touch with our supplier, and they tell us they have no reports of similar incidents. We are also reviewing our store's surveillance video to see if we can find any information that might assist in the investigation. At this point, we're not aware of any suspicious activity."