Our Privacy/Cookie Policy contains detailed information about the types of cookies & related technology on our site, and some ways to opt out. By using the site, you agree to the uses of cookies and other technology as outlined in our Policy, and to our Terms of Use.


The Rock's Dog, Brutus, Dies

It's a sad day for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The celebrity posted on his Instagram, sharing the news that one of his puppies had died.

Brutus, a French bulldog, ate a mushroom in Johnson's backyard that turned out to be poisonous to the little dog. Johnson and his girlfriend, Lauren Hashian, rushed Brutus to an animal hospital. However, they soon decided to take Brutus off life support, because his body was rapidly shutting down from the poison.

Johnson posted a photo of himself holding Brutus on Instagram with the following caption:

Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed.

At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus' suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace.

As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return.

I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members.

Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City.

We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute.

#RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime

Image via Instagram

More from news