We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
Jessica Horne, a Louisiana mom, bought
a hoverboard for her 12-year-old son. This futuristic skateboard is powered by lithium batteries. The device allows riders to stand and balance themselves, moving swiftly without pushing or pedaling while steering the
device with their feet.
Just one day after he
opened his prized gift, he was charging the electronic toy, when sparks began to fly, setting the house on fire.
"It was like fireworks,"
Jessica Horne told WGNO. "The middle part of the board—just 'poof.'" Jessica said the fire was so intense that within minutes the house
was scorched by flames. The family escaped unharmed.
The hoverboard is reported
to have been shipped by a company called "Fit Turbo" on Amazon.com.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission
told WGNO that there have eight reported injuries involving hoverboards in the
last three months. All of those injuries, which required trips to the emergency room, were related to falls—not fires.