Park-goers were abruptly evacuated from the "Toontown" portion of the 57-year-old theme park on Wednesday, May 29, when there was an explosion heard in one of the trashcans in the area. Surprisingly, the "explosion" was no more than a plastic bottle of water with a bit of dry ice inside, which a 22-year-old Disneyland employee placed inside the trashcan in question.
Although there was no harm done to anyone (and likely no damage even done to the trashcan), something like this could potentially cause injury, according to John Goodpaster, an explosives expert at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. He says that if there is enough pressure and if the shards from the bottle were strong enough, it could potentially harm someone. The employee is currently arrested on $1 million bail, but is cooperating fully with investigators, according to USA Today.