We need to take care of ourselves, too! We've got delicious and easy recipes, the latest fashion and home decor trends, health topics that impact every woman and so much more. So grab a cup of coffee and dig in.
It truly takes a village to raise a child, and we're here for you! Link up with a community of moms just like you and learn about fabulous events in your area plus amazing product giveaways, discounts and more!
My 4-year-old daughter recently started skateboarding. And she's good. She bombed her first hill over Christmas after receiving her first board. And then she bombed the hill again. And again. And again. Where I grew up (Encinitas, California), skateboarding was something EVERYONE did. Unless, you know, those someones were girls. In which case, EW NO NEVER, NOT YOU, NO.
Which is why today I want to talk a little bit about girls, skateboarding and seven reasons you should think about getting your daughter(s) a skateboard. (If they want one.)
7 Reasons to Get your Daughter a Skateboard
1. Because it's a great sport for everyone—girls included.
2. Because skateboarding needs more females.
3. And girls can land 540s, too.
4. It's a great sport for sisterhood and socializing.
5. AND being your OWN GIRL/WOMAN.
6. Because GET BACK UP AND TRY AGAIN and eventually you will fly.
7. Because it's THEIR turn to grind a rail, master an ollie, land a heelflip.
Looking for resources that specialize in girls and skateboarding? Here's a quick list to peruse with your daughters:
1. Girl Is Not a 4-Letter Word (instagram: @girlisnota4letterword) Founded by professional skateboarder Cindy Whitehead, who paved her own way as a vert-skater in the '70s, Cindy's goal is to "give women in action sports the same opportunities and recognition as their male counterparts. She pursues that goal daily by interviewing and promoting female action sports athletes on her company's website."
You can also shop skate merch at Girl Is Not a 4-Letter Word, here. (They're having a 20 percent off sale right now, so CHECK IT!)